Life is the goal

Life is the goal

Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Traditions

My kids loved decorating a gingerbread house the last two years. When we were on food stamps, it cost us nothing to buy that kit at the store. But now that we pay for our own food again, it is cheaper to make it from scratch. Besides, the gingerbread in the kit tastes like cardboard and the kids spit the candy out when they try it. But they still insist on making it. So I consented to try my hand at it. I did a great job, if I do say so myself. But I couldn't get the disgusting smell of molasses out of my nose for the rest of the day! I bought candy that all of us liked and the frosting was a cinch and worked much better than the stuff in the kit. None of us really like the taste of gingerbread, even if I did a good job, but James kept munching on it anyway. I think I'll do it again next year just for the fun of decorating it and eating the candy, even if the gingerbread itself gets wasted. Sure beats flimsy graham crackers and nasty kits!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I see a fresh (edible) gingerbread house, it's almost always the graham-cracker variety, so yours looks huge! It really does look like you did a good job.