Life is the goal

Life is the goal

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Almost there!

Everything in the time of the Lord. I'm an impatient person and like to do everything in my power to get a project done, but a lot of times, things are out of my power. I always worry in vain because Heavenly Father provides in His own time. Our move is no different than other events in my life over which I have little control.

About a week after Rex got his job offer, we also got an offer on our condo. We knew we were asking a little high so we were not disappointed with the offer we got. In fact, we were quite pleased. The buyers want to move in as fast as we want to move out so the closing is going to be scheduled for July 31st. That doesn't leave a lot of time to find a new home, but I'm sure that Heavenly Father will open that door for us as well.

Rex's summer job brings in a small income but I knew our finances would not hold out past the end of July. I tried not to worry and paid our tithing. As infrequent and meager as our tithing and fast offerings are, I fully believe Heavenly Father opens the windows of heaven for us and pours out blessings from obeying that principle. It was only a couple days after we turned in our tithing on money we recieved as a gift that Rex got his job offer, and only a couple days after we turned in tithing on the money we got from his paycheck that we got an offer on our condo. A lot of people might call it coincidence, but I know it is Heavenly Father blessing us for doing as he asked.

Just one more step and we'll be set. In a few days, we'll make the trek down to San Antonio to look for our new home. A week to find a house? It can be done -- Heavenly Father can help us do anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you and Rex and the family! I know Heavenly Father will help you find a place.
I know you won't need it, but best wishes for packing up everything anyway in about one months time!
Memory

Anonymous said...

I also am thrilled. Just today, once again, I prayed the Lord would help you get a good price for your home and then I read this wonderful news. Wish we could be there to help you with the move but alas we are here in the Windy city doing our misison thing. Love to you all. MOM

Anonymous said...

congratulations! that's so great that you got a new job and sold your condo! I hope the move goes well!

monkie mama said...

Hey Julie, what's going on now? are you in your new home? How's that going? What's up???

Miss you guys, hope all is well!

Alicia Wasson