Isn't it interesting that the rising gas prices were always top news? It never got old. But when the prices started dropping, the media didn't say a word. They insisted that the hike was due to gas shortages or the war or the hurricanes. But never a word about greedy oil companies. Now that there is some good news to report when everyone is in a panic about the economy, mums the word. What gives?
What happened to make the gas prices drop? Did some law get passed? Someone told me that it had to do with some law in the Clinton era that prevented off-shore drilling and that law now expired. However, I couldn't find any evidence of that anywhere. Am I the only one curious?
I scoured the web and this article is the only thing half-way believable. Only I can't quite understand it. If anyone has some time to spare, please read it and tell me your interpretation.
Thanks.
1 comment:
I heard some articles about oil speculation on NPR this summer. I found a good one that explains the concept here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91819074
There are more articles about it, too. Go to npr.org and type in "oil speculators" in the search box at the top. The article I mentioned above was done in June this year.
Post a Comment