Life is the goal

Life is the goal

Monday, April 20, 2009

Exercise = Beauty

The best thing about running is that it makes me feel beautiful. True, exercise helps you lose weight and get in shape, so it would naturally make a person feel more attractive. Sure, my pants fit better around the waist, but what I'm really talking about is a psychological image of my outer beauty. My scale still reads the same, but I feel lighter; I am somehow more confident about my appearance than I otherwise would be. What I do physically directly impacts my perception of myself.

I really enjoyed visiting with my parents and my sister, but I ignored my physical needs and neglected my running. During that time, they also spoiled us with lots of junk food and delicious dining. Not to mention that Easter is an excuse to glut myself on chocolate. So I began to feel gross and disgusting. But now that I'm back to running, I feel so much more clean and healthy and....pretty! It's amazing what good food and physical activity can do for one's mind and body.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is one of the chief reasons I keep exercising: I feel better about myself, and that's important.