Life is the goal

Life is the goal

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fiesta Float: Fun with a Crafty Aunt

Fiesta is a San Antonio Holiday. It celebrates the heroes that died at the Alamo and is a 10-day-long commemoration which culminates on the Battle of the Flowers Day. (I may not have very accurate information on this holiday. I'm not up on my Texas history, but Rex is, since he's been teaching it.) They have this coming Friday off, and the Thursday before (tomorrow) is one of three holidays the schools approve of celebrating with class parties. In Kindergarten, all the kids make mini floats and parade them around campus.

As you know, I am NOT crafty and I was dreading having this homework, as the kids are required to make them at home and bring them to school. I dreaded it so much I asked Tanaia if I could take Megan out of school and bring her over for a Girls Craft Day. Tanaia was so kind, she offered to come to our house with all her craft materials. I go cross-eyed doing girly things like My Little Pony and Dolls, but Tanaia is so good with Megan. Of course that makes her Megan's favorite aunt, and she was counting down the days till she came over.

Tanaia is very creative. She's a closet artist. She brainstormed and planned this gorgeous and intricate float and instructed Megan on how to decorate it. I was amazed at her patience and ability to delegate the work. See for yourself how amazing it is: Tinker bell even has pixy dust streaming from her, suspended above roses and she even tinkles with tiny bells when you pull the float!



No comments: